Highly readable and engaging, Teaching Discipline & Self-Respect offers guidelines, specific strategies, and structured activities that have been used successfully in culturally, linguistically, economically, and academically diverse classrooms.
SiriNam S. Khalsa, a master teacher and consultant who is passionate about teaching and understanding the individual needs of every student, focuses on developing self-esteem and self-image while maintaining the dignity of each student. Through vignettes and case studies, Khalsa's text provides readers with:
• Guidelines for changing students' negative behavior
• Reproducible lessons, such as "Understanding Anger" and "Teaching 'I' and 'You' Statements"
• Engaging activities ready for immediate use in difficult situations
• 15 steps to help teachers keep a positive mental attitude
• 30 techniques for reducing stress and maintaining perspective when working with challenging students